Monday, July 10, 2006

Lake

Do you ever find yourself drawn to bodies of water? I have always loved the rivers, lakes and the ocean. There is something calming, and purifying about being by a body of water. I use to love going fishing with my parents and grandparents on the Snake River, in South East Washington. That area was a desert to, but it was always beautiful to me. I love the ocean; I was in the area of FT. Lewis, on mission and had a day of free time. I made it a point to get to the ocean, and spent hours there just walking around, taking photographs, watching the waves come in and lap at the shore.

Lake near Al Faw Palace.


10 July 06 2105hrs Baghdad time

Shining ripples flow
Sparkling in the falling light
Calm lake at sunset

AAE tm

Welcome to my vision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tremendous impact from just a few words - it's what I love about Haiku.