Monday, July 03, 2006

Details 1

I at one time was a student of architecture, and I love to examine structures and the detailed decorations in buildings. I have had opportunity to see some interesting architecture in Iraq. What I want to say first of all is that I have not had opportunity to see any that would constitute ancient, however that, that I have seen is a representation of cultural influence. The structures in this particular area are what would be considered better that standard, because they were owned and built by rich rulers and not for the common citizens who live considerably worse.

This is an example of the decoration on the
ceiling and along the upper wall of Al Faw
Palace.


Ceiling detail from the edge of the rotunda on
main lower level of Al Faw.


Another detail from the same area mentioned
above.


Closer detail of the above item.


Ceiling trim detail from one of the main rooms
On the third level of Al Faw.


Detail of the edge of the ceiling of the rotunda
Al Faw Palace.


Columns and details of rotunda.


Closer detail of rotunda.


Closer detail of rotunda.


Two details from the exterior of a building about 10 miles from Al Faw.


Detail from building in close location to Al Faw.


There are still some structures here that I have not been able to examine yet.
If I get the chance I will and I promise to share.

Welcome to my perspective.
AAE

No comments: