Friday, June 08, 2018

Elk Close to Home

It has been a while since I posted anything on this blog.  I guess I've been in a little bit of a dry spell.  But an opportunity arose on Wednesday, June 6, 2018, and I had to take it.  My Son and I were heading home from Walla Walla and as we rounded Dumas Station Winery this is what we saw.  












  
On the technical side of the photography, I made a lot of mistakes during this shoot.  So for any of you technical photographers, I did not, crop or edit anything on purpose.  
These were taken with my Canon EOS Rebel XT using a 70-300mm lens at 300mm, ISO 400 and 800, at average shutter speeds of 1/4000, aperture around 16.  The last two are guesses although I have the means to check that data later.  We were 75 yards away and I took the shots through an open window in my truck.

No comments: