Thursday, June 05, 2014

Project Camera: "Kodak Disposable 35mm"          


In 2006 I was deployed to Camp Victory, Baghdad Iraq.  At the time I had a good 35mm SLR which I decided not to take for fear of damage or loss.  Instead I had a digital Finepix camera from Fuji (only 3.5MP), which I have shown the result of in past blog entries.

At some point during the deployment someone had sent me a Kodak Disposable 35mm.  Normally I would not have purchased one of these cameras for any reason on my own.  But I love a photo challenge so I decided to take photographs with this camera in Iraq.

I did in fact shoot some of the film in Iraq and a few frames in Texas.  The camera sat in a storage box until this month when I discovered it and had it processed.  I had negatives and a disk made so this is all digits from film you will see.

I did very little in the way of modifying or enhancing these images.
In fact I only touched up two that were angled, and the panoramic shot was merged.
              
Item one:  This is virtually the same camera these shots where taken with.  (Image from Kodak.)
Photos from the camera:
This was typical of what you would see along the roads and streets of Camp Victory Baghdad.

More of the Camp.

Earth filled barricades for stopping rounds and Shrapnel.

On the beach of Lake Victory at Al Faw Palace.  

Al Faw Palace.

Lake Victory from the Al Faw Palace. 

 Lake Victory from the Al Faw Palace.

 Lake Victory from the Al Faw Palace.

Lake Victory setting sun.

Lake Victory setting sun.

 More of the Camp.

 More of Lake Victory and the Camp.

More of Lake Victory and the Camp.

 More of Lake Victory and the Camp.

More of Lake Victory and the Camp.  (Panoramic View).

All things considered I was pretty surprised at how well these came out. 






No comments: