Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Welcome to the Bat Mound

I thought I would show you all something different and a little weird from over here. They call this thing the Bat Mound. Just a little strange looking isn't, probably in more ways than one. Apparently the bats use it to hang on at night and the birds use it during the day. I cannot confirm the bats using it, but if you look off to the right of the lower photograph the birds do use it by day.




This is a view looking right up the side of the mound. Just as I was taking this photo I was thinking I sure hope the birds behave themselves.

This thing is right near where I live so I see it every single day will I miss it? No way.
I know it this is not as pretty and fantastic as marble Palaces but hey I got to show you some other stuff too.
AAE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe not as pretty, but also fascinating. What on earth is it's purpose? Pretty funky structure!